Airport Research Center GmbH (ARC) is a leading global provider of professional airport planning and decision support services and products to optimize investments and reduce operational costs.
With the CAST Airport Software Suite, ARC provides a unique simulation, allocation and optimization environment, covering terminal, airside, ground handling traffic and all corresponding resources, and processes. The scalability and flexibility of CAST enables planners and operators to work with aggregated or highly detailed models. The use of CAST does not only lead to an optimised infrastructure and efficient operations, but also allows quicker and more reliable decisions as well as a more intense communication possibility with experts, decision makers and stakeholders.
Strong partners including IATA, Eurocontrol, Fraport and Airbus are cooperating with ARC in projects like Level of Service assessments, performance based airport management and real-time What-if scenario decision support.
CAST Terminal provides a realistic and flexible simulation of processes and passenger movements in an airport terminal including check in, security control, passport control, retail, gate holdroom, baggage reclaim, customs etc.
• Scenario-based analysis of terminal facilities
• Calculation of resource requirements for long- and short-term
• Level of Service analysis and optimisation of passenger convenience
• Bottleneck identification and test of potential mitigation measures
CAST Aircraft simulates the aircraft traffic at and around the airport, including approach, runway, taxiway, apron and stands. The software is a reliable decision support tool for:
• Runway, taxiway and apron capacity analysis
• Demand-driven infrastructure development and expansion planning
• Optimisation of resource utilisation and delay reduction
• Performance-driven process optimisation like Airport Collaborative Decision Making, de-icing strategies, operational concepts, new technology
CAST Vehicle is a simulation and analysis tool for vehicle and ground handling traffic. It offers decision support for planning, optimisation and validation of the airside road network and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) facilities.
With CAST Vehicle new concepts and strategies can be rapidly evaluated, for example to identify bottlenecks, plan resources or assess a system‘s capacity. CAST Vehicle shortens the planning phase significantly and provides the highest possible confidence in results.